Friday, March 25, 2011

Lew's Smash Burgers

Whenever I can get my husband to cook, its only because he's grilling something.  I wish he liked to cook with me more, cause man, is he funny in the kitchen or what!  I wish I had him cooking on camera.  He pretends that he is being taped for a Food Network Show, and I gotta say, He's pretty entertaining! I think he called his show something like "Grillin and Chillin with Lew".  Worked for me.  We got delicious burgers out of it!  He could grill every night of the week and it would be fine with me.  This is the hubs special recipe. 

Lew's Smash Burgers Recipe:
1 lb. Hamburger Meat (80/20)
Salt and Pepper 
A little steak seasoning for me (Gosh i love me some McCormick Steak Seasoning. Don't know what it is but it sure does make the burger if you ask me)
8 slices of Bacon 
1/2 of a white onion (sliced into thin strips)
1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. olive oil
4 slices of cheddar cheese
4 hamburger buns

Condiments of choice:
Ketchup 
Mayo
BBQ
A1
Ranch
Yellow Mustard

Heat your Griddle or Grill to *375.  (Lew uses a griddle so he can smash em real good)  Season your meat well with salt, pepper and steak seasoning.  Mix till well combined.  Now take the meat and seperate it into 4 even sized balls.  Place them on the griddle and give them a good Smash! 

Meanwhile, while the meat is cooking away,  slice up your onion and toss it into a skillet with the 1 tsp of oil heated over med. heat. Stir till all the onion looks like it is well coated with oil then stir in the brown sugar. Turn the heat down to low-med. and watch closely, stirring frequently, allowing the onion to carmelize. (about 10 minutes)  Also, cook the bacon while the meat is cooking. (You can cook it on the griddle with the meat to avoid dirtying any other dishes)

Back to the Burgers, cook till the meat is barely Pink in the middle (or if your anything like me, cook till NO LONGER pink at all)  When all is done cooking, place sliced cheese on top of pattys and cover with a lid for just a minute or two allowing the cheese to melt.  Assemble your burgers on a toasted bun and top with 2 slices of bacon and your carmelized onion.  

We served our burgers with these Zucchini Bites but they would be great with these Sweet Potato Fries also.

(Recipe Source: My Dashing Husband)








4 comments:

  1. That is so cute that he asks like he is on Food Network! My boyfriend makes the kitchen look like a tornado just passed through with the huge mess he leaves! Those burgers look really good and it's only 9:00 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I'm totally laughing cause I can see Lewis doing that. Seriously though these look and sound delicious...and I LOVE zucchini! Love your blog Mur, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muriel!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.. and for your sweet comment : ) I am LOVIN yours!!! This burger is calling my name!! Mmmmm. Have a great weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm the caramelized onion on these sound great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...