Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries

My husband and I are not huge fans of sweet potatoes, however my little girl loves them and she loves french fries so I decided to give them a try and can I just say that even I was pleasantly surprised! They were sweet, but with the right amount of saltyness, and well they were pretty darn good. And with summer really not to far away, these are the perfect side to all those BBQ's to be had.

Recipe:
1-2 large sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1-2 Tbsp. brown sugar (I prefer 2 Tbsp but if you dont want them as sweet just use 1)
Pinch of season salt

Preheat oven to *425. Peel sweet potatoes and then slice into thin strips. Place them into a bowl and drizzle them with the olive oil.  Next, in a small bowl combine all the seasonings then sprinkle them over the potatoes. Give them a good stir till all the potatoes are well coated with the seasonings. Place on to a lighlty greased, foil lined baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes turning over half way through. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooo Muriel these look wonderful!! I am a huge sweet potato fan :) Yum, oh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...