Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rocky Road Brownies

All this packing is making me crazy! I wish I could snap my fingers and it would all magically be done! Anyways back to what makes me happy... Baking! I was craving something chocolate, which is normally not the case for me, I'm a cheesecake and pastry kind of girl, but I wanted something chocolatey and sweet and by golly did these get the job done or what! I cut the recipe in half and made them in a 8x8 pan, because lets be honest with ourselves, if I would've made a larger pan I would've eaten the whole dang pan they were so yummy! 

Recipe:

For the Brownie:
1 cup Butter (softened)
1/2 cup cocoa
2 Tbsp. Honey
4 Eggs
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup marshmallows

For the Chocolate Frosting:
4 oz. Butter (softened)
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. vanilla
Couple Tbsp. of evaporated milk (I use about 1-3 Tbsp depending on the consistency I want)

Preheat the oven to *350. Mix together all the ingredients for the brownies, except for the nuts and marshmallows and pour into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans over the top of the brownie mixture and lightly press them into the batter. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. As soon as they are done baking sprinkle 1 cup of mini marshmallows over the top and lightly press them into the hot brownies. Make up the frosting and spread over the top of the brownies. Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
Serve with a cold glass of milk!

(Recipe for Brownies: From my friend Mal  Chocolate Frosting: Mine)

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, these look so gooey and yummy! Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, I'm enjoying browsing through yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum! I will be making them tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have trouble resisting the temptation to eat a ton of these too. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your brownies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...