Thursday, March 10, 2011

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

(K so this picture really doesn't do these justice! They really are so saucy and delish!)
 My husband and I, well we LOVE Mexican Food!  If the Hubs had the choice between Chinese, Italian, or Mexican food for dinner he would hands down pick Mexican any night of the week! We love it! When I came across this recipe a while back over on the Sisters Cafe I knew I had to give it a try. And can I just tell you that we have eaten these for dinner so many times since, I've lost count. I've made just a few changes to the original recipe to make them my own and we've really liked them.  I think the corn tortillas give them a more authentic mexican flavor.

Recipe:
For the Chicken Marinade:
2-3 large chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
1/3 cup Honey
1/4 cup Lime Juice
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 (4oz) can diced chilis

For the Enchilada Sauce:
1 (14oz) can Green Enchilada Sauce (I prefer Las Palmos brand)
1 (7oz) can salsa verde
1 cup shredded cheese (I prefer Cheddar)
1/3 cup fresh queso fresco cheese (mexican cheese you can buy it at your local grocery store)

8-10 Corn Tortillas

Cook chicken then shred. (I usually just boil mine. It feel it shreds well that way, but you could bake it or grill it even).  Mix together all ingredients for the marinade and pour over the shredded chicken. Next take 3 or 4 tortillas and heat in microwave for about 40 seconds. (This allows them to roll easier with out breaking). Take each tortilla and sprinkle a little shredded cheese and about 1-2 Tbsp of the chicken mixture and roll them up. Mix together the enchilada sauce and the salsa verde and pour half of the sauce into a 9x13 pan. Place the enchiladas into the dish and cover with the remaining sauce. Top off with shredded cheese and Bake @ *350 for 35 minutes. Serve with South of the Border Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...