Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chex Treats

(I used Chex and Golden Grahams in this picture, my favorite is Crispix but sadly we were out) 
So I know this post is a little late missing the Super-Bowl and all, but this little treat is also great for parties or get togethers with friends, or even a movie night with the family!

Recipe:
2 Sticks Butter (I know what your thinking, really low in fat right?)
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 1/2 cups Light Karo Syrup
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
4-5 cups Chex cereal (or cereal of choice, like chex, crispix, or golden grahams)

In a saucepan over medium heat, bring butter, sugar, karo syrup and vanilla to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, layer cereal and coconut. When mixture is done boiling, pour immediately over the cereal and stir. Let cool for a few minutes and Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I could seriously eat that whole bowl! i love the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am addicted to this stuff!!! One of my favorite treats for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...