Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lemon Cream Bars

To be honest, I can't quite remember where I got this recipe and I feel horrible that I can't personally thank this person because these bars are just divine! Now, I love me some good ole lemon bars and these are lemon bars taken up a notch! These bars have a delicious streusel bottom with a lemon cream filling, then more delicious streusel on top. Seriously, you can't go wrong with these little babies. (Well, unless you don't like lemon like my poor little sister who has no idea what she is missing out on!) Anyways, I highly suggest you go make yourself a batch of these cause they are yummy!

Recipe:

1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
2/3 cup melted butter
pinch of salt

Preheat the oven to *350. Combine milk and lemon juice. Mix well. Mix remaining ingredients until crumbly.  Press half of the streusel mixture into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Pour the lemon mixture over top. Finish by sprinkling remaining streusel over the top of the lemon filling. Bake for 25-30 minutes.  Cool completely then store in the refridgerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...