Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chicken Cordon Bleu

I love Chicken Cordon Bleu. I always have and I always will.  I think it may have something to do with the fact that cheese oozes out of the center of a nice and tender piece of chicken and then its rolled in crunchy bread crumbs and topped off with a delicious Hollandaise Sauce. I don't know that usually ALWAYS sounds good to me! How bout you? Not to mention that it is one of the easiest dishes to put together to!

Recipe:
2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (flattened to about 1/8"-1/4" thick)
2-4 Slices of thick sliced deli ham (or if you've recently made a ham like this one you could slices of that also)
2-4 slices of Swiss Cheese (or if you don't have swiss cheese on hand I really like smoked cheddar also)
1 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
Dash of Garlic Salt & Season Salt
3 Tbsp. Butter (melted)

Flatten the chicken breasts to about 1/8"thick.  Take 1 slice of ham and top with 1 slice of swiss cheese and roll up so that the cheese is rolled onto the inside of the ham.  Take the rolled up ham/cheese roll ups and roll 1 chicken breast around each one and pin the edges of the chicken together with toothpicks.  Take the bread crumbs and lightly season them with the garlic salt and season salt.  Take the chicken roll ups and roll in the melted butter then dredge them in the bread crumbs till all sides of the chicken are completely covered in crumbs.  Bake @*375 for 1 hour

Top with hollandaise sauce OR take 1 can of cream of chicken soup and 1/2 cup of sour cream mix it together and spoon over the top.

8 comments:

  1. I just ♥ Chicken Cordon Bleu! I made it once, right after Kale and I first got married, and it turned out horrible! lol Yours sounds super yummy! I'll have to try it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Yum! Yum! Guess what we'll be having for dinner this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks good! I love Chicken Cordon Bleu - I just to have it all the time in England! Delicious flavors - thanks for the recipe
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muriel, this really sounds delicious. This is my first visit to your blog and I've spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a wonderful spot for you readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's the best cordon bleu i've seen anyone make. seriously

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh there is nothing like a good "Corn-dog Blue". Or at least that's what we call them in my house!! he heh ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog!! I am definitely going to be your new follower :) I would love it if you followed me to @ for-the-luv-of.blogspot.com that would be great :) I am just starting out, but I am excited to share new recipes, crafts, and makeup.. And Giving away giveaways on mineral make-up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...