Monday, February 28, 2011

Zucchini Bread

Ever since I can remember this has been one of my very favorite breads! My mom made it a lot while we were growing up, and I can remember so vividly, walking in the door from school and smelling the bread baking and get so excited. It makes your house smell so lovely that its almost worth baking for the smell alone!

Recipe:
2 cups zucchini (shredded) (about 3 medium zucchinis)
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cups walnuts (chopped) (optional)

Topping:
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 Tbsp. granulated sugar

Shred the zucchini then lay it on paper towels to absorb most of the liquid from the zucchini's. Next in a large bowl (or in your mixer) mix together eggs, oil, vanilla, and zucchini. In a seperate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients then slowly add in to the wet ingredients. Add nuts at this point if desired.
Lightly grease 2 loaf pans and pour batter in about 1/2 way full. Top off by sprinkling cinnamon and sugar mixture over the top. Bake @ *350 for 50 minutes-1 hour. Check with a toothpick or knife and when it comes out clean these babies are done! This bread is great warm with a little butter on top or I personally love it when it has cooled and the flavors are more strong! I hope you enjoy this as much as our family has!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, this looks sooooo good! I love zucchini bread!

    Great blog; happy I found you!

    Mary xx
    Delightful Bitefuls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a yummy zucchini bread recipe!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, been really enjoying the blog! I actually really liked this Zucchini bread recipe so much I linked to it in our recent blog post about Easy Zucchini Recipes. You can check it out here:
    http://www.recipelionblog.com/theres-nothing-boring-about-this-zucchini-bread/

    Hope you enjoy it.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Editor
    http://www.RecipeLion.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...