Monday, February 21, 2011

Bean Burritos

I decided to make bean burritos for lunch the other day, well, because I'm getting tired of having a grilled cheese sandwich with maybe a slice of turkey here and there everyday. Do any of you suffer from the same old lunch time routine and are out of ideas like I am???  Gosh, well if you have any great ideas for quick and easy lunch ideas PLEASE feel free to throw some my way! In the meantime, here is my lovely bean burrito recipe.

Recipe:
1 (16oz) can refried beans
1 (4oz) can diced green chilis (drained)
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
4-6 taco size tortillas
1 (7oz) salsa verde (optional)
1 Tomato (chopped) (optional)

Mix all ingredients together with 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Place a couple of spoonfuls of the bean mixture into the center of tortilla and top with a little shredded cheese. Fold 2 sides of the tortilla down and then roll it up so all of the beans are sealed away nice and tight!  Sprinkle tops with a little more cheese. (Optional: pour salsa verde over the top of the burritos. Gives a little extra flavor! Yum!)
Bake @ 350 for 12-15 minutes. You can serve them with sour cream and salsa.
* Now if your like my husband and insist on meat you can add a little chicken or steak in these babies and thats yummy to!
** I have to tell you that one of the reasons I made these were because my little girl is a super picky eater (and I'm talking super picky!) and she loved these.

1 comment:

  1. bean burritos always make me think of college. I had a roommate that lived off of bean burritos. They are good, but not lunch and dinner every day good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...