Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rental: Kids Room Design Ideas

With my husbands job, it requires us to leave our home back in Utah and move somewhere for 6 months out of the year (sometimes even longer).  I have quickly come to realize that there are good and bad things with all this "lovely" moving that we get to do.

The Good:
1. See many new places all over the country.
2. Meet lots of fun new people.
3. Well you should all know by now that I LOVE to eat; we love finding and trying new yummy local restaurants.
4. I will be honest and it may even sound weird, but I LOVE the grocery stores in all of the states that we have lived in so far! They are so much nicer than the selection we have back home (I know I'm weird, but I love when I find a new grocery store with a great produce department like this one that's right around the corner from us now)

The Bad:
1. We have to leave all of our friends and family back home :(  (well most of them)
2. Packing, Packing, Packing!
3. The drive to our location. (it was fun the 1st couple of years but now that we have a little one, not as much fun as it used to be. Poor thing hates being in the car)
4. I hate that I can't paint the walls however I want! I know that may be a dumb reason but that's what I love so much about having my home back in Utah. I can do what I want to it!  This is what leads me to my post today.

I am wanting to put my own stamp on things here cause we will be here for about a year this time; and I have been kind of stumped on my little girls room. I would love to paint the walls a fun color but I just can't, so I found some cute ideas on the web that I think just might help make the room "POP" a little!
You can make a room "Pop" just by using some fun bed linens like these(image via Layla Grayce)
These chalk vinyl prints are so fun and cute; easily removable
How cute is this vinyl growth chart; also easily removable

This is a great way to add color to a room without having to paint.  Upholster your own headboard (great tutorial here) in a fun color  and  use a bold window treatment like the one pictured here.  (image via HGTV)





As soon as I get started on her room I will share some pictures with you all!  Hopefully some of these ideas can help some of you that may be in the same predicament as we are! Happy Friday, and hope you all have an amazing weekend!













4 comments:

  1. I love that bedding that you picked out! So cute. I know a girl that moved into an apartment and decided to put fabric on the walls. Sounds crazy, but it turned out to be amazing! I have thought about doing it so many times now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you moved so much! Holy Cow!
    There are some really cute room decor stuff for kids on Pottery Barn Kids. My mom got some stuff for my little sister for christmas there. She got the most adorable bed spread/comforter from PBK!
    P.S. You are a good woman for moving that much for your man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlee-that is such a good idea with the fabric on the walls!
    Haley- that's where I got Lilys crib bedding and I love it! They really do have the cutest things there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it very cute I wish I could have those rooms. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...