Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting

Next to Homemade Oreo Cookies I think sugar cookies are my next favorite cookie. They are the perfect cookie for holidays cause you can cut and decorate them into shapes that represent that specific holiday. I also really like them because they taste so good. There kind of the cookie of comfort food to me if that makes any sense? I hope you like this recipe cause it is by far my favorite sugar cookie recipe that I have found. It may have something to do with the fact that there is sour cream in the dough, I'm not sure, but any recipe with the word "cream" in it has got to be good right?

Recipe:
For the Cookie:
1 cup butter (softened)
2 cups granulated sugar
2 whole eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 1/2 cups flour (Plus some flour for rolling the cookies out I use about a Tbsp every time I roll cookies)

Preheat the oven to *350. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs in one at a time. Then mix in the sour cream and vanilla. In a seperate bowl, sift together the flour, b. powder, b. soda, and salt. Then Slowly add the flour into the cream mixture. Roll cookies onto a floured surface. I like to roll the dough till it is about 1/4" thick. Cut with your cookie cutters of choice. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.

Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese (softened)
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
5 Tbsp. butter (softened)
Evaporated or whole milk (I add in 1 Tbsp at a time till desired consistency. When I made this recipe last I didn't even need the milk but usually I add 1-2 Tbsp.)

Beat the cream cheese, butter, and sugar till soft. Add in vanilla. Mix in, 1 Tbsp. at a time, evaporated milk till desired consistency. (Usually 2 Tbsp. is enough). Then mix in food coloring of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...