Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crepes

(Filled with strawberry yogurt and topped with powdered sugar and bananas)

Oh, how I love crepes. (or as my husbands family calls them, "Thinnies") They are such a versatile food. You can eat them for breakfast as we usually do, filled with our favorite yogurt and topped off with a little powdered sugar or brushed with a little butter and topped with syrup. Or you can have crepes filled with a delicious chicken and creme sauce, nutella and bananas, cream cheese filling and fresh fruit, or so many other ways! Really the skies are the limit. Ok that was cheesy but you get my point.

Recipe:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. butter (melted)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups milk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter. Mix well so the butter is incorporated well (cause once you add the milk in you don't want large clumps). Whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla then slowly pour into the dry ingredients beating till no clumps. Heat a skillet to low-medium heat.  Lightly grease skillet between each crepe being made. Pour a small amount into skillet and move around till pan is completely covered. (Best way of doing this is immediately after pouring batter into skillet lift skillet off burner and move the pan from side to side allowing the batter to spread out completely) Cook about 15-30 then flip and cook for another 15-30 seconds on the other side. Finally, spread your favorite filling onto one side of crepe then roll it up and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...Love the Blog!! Come follow www.craveravefav.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you post this picture on Food Gawker? I could have sworn I saw this on FG! Beautiful picture of the crepes, I gotta try them. Crepes have always intimidated me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! I can't wait to try this recipe, I'll be having mine with nutella and bananas.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can`t stop looking at this! It`s absolutely divine and I want to try this...

    Have a great time,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...