Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ham & Poppyseed Sandwiches

Ham-A-Rama Recipe #3

Anyone sick of ham yet?!?! Cause I'll be honest I am getting quite tired of it! However, these little sammies are seriously so good, that even though we have eaten ham for the last 4 days straight, the hubs asked if I would make them for lunch again tomorrow!  And to be honest, I just might! These little sandwiches are great for a get together like the super bowl, a bridal/baby shower, or just for a really yummy lunch or dinner! 

Recipe:
1 package (12 count) Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
12 generous slices of leftover Honey Baked Ham (or 1/2 lb. sliced deli ham if you haven't recently made a ham)
6 slices of Baby Swiss Cheese
6 slices of Smoked Cheddar
1 stick (1/2 cup) Butter (melted)
2 Tbsp. dried minced onion (I use lipton onion dry soup mix)
1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
2 Tbsp. poppy seeds

Mix together the melted butter, onion, mustard, and poppy seeds and set aside.  Slice all of your rolls in half and layer with a slice of ham and one slice of cheese ( I like to make 6 sandwiches with swiss cheese and 6 sandwiches with smoked cheddar. You can do all swiss or all cheddar, its up to you. )

Place the sandwiches into a 9x13 baking dish.  Drizzle the butter/onion mixture over the top of the rolls.  Place in the oven at *325 and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.

*Note: Since there are only 2 of us, I cut the sauce recipe in half and made only 5 sandwiches and it was perfect for the 2 of us for lunch.

(Recipe Source: Slightly adapted from All Recipes)


3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make these for a long time. I'm a big ham lover!! I could never get sick of it. All your ham recipes have been great : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved these for years! As an alternative: You can get the aluminum tray of mini rolls and slice horizontally; assemble sandwich as one big dish & bake as one in the original tray; then slice into mini sandwiches. So cute! Perfect for any kind of party. (Great blog, Muriel! I've never been compelled to comment on one until now!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Holly Harris! Your comment seriously made my day :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...